Friday, May 14, 2010

May 14th, 2010

5/14/10
Today we went to Gorenje, a Slovenian appliance producer. They gave us a presentation on the company’s corporate structure, and then we had a coffee break. After that we were fortunate enough to be given a tour by a man who has worked there for forty five years. He showed us the warehouse that was almost completely run by machine. Then we went to the show room to see the newest models of appliances. They had many innovative things such as a fridge studded with crystals and a table that had a fridge in the middle that could be lowered or raised up. We then went back to the quaint hotel M.
After returning three of my friends and I went out to eat. We had one of the best foods on the continent, Kebabs. In case you have never had a kebab it is a bun pressed in a Panini press, filled with meat, onions, lettuce, tomato, other stuff, and two sauces. The meat is chicken, beef, or lamb that has been processed in to a log, and slow roasted on a skewer. It is shaved off with a large knife and served up. They truly are an amazing food, and I plan on having many.

Here is the video of how Kebab is made

Tonight I plan on hitting the town and experiencing some more Slovenian night life. I have been out once so far, and found some nice places. One place I have been is called Skeleton. It is a bar in an old basement that is furnished with skulls, creepy paintings, and other haunted mansion like memorabilia. The highlight of my time there was the discovery of the fake book cases that were actually the entrance to the wash closet (rest room). I have to go now to enjoy dinner with my friends, and seize the night. Until next time, dober dan,
-Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment